INTRO

My name is Andi. I live with a heart condition called AVNRT (AV Node Re-entrant Tachycardia). We are not sure how long I've truly had this, but my family believes I was born with it even though I was barely diagnosed in 2011.


So I will start with a quick intro, I've never written a blog so I apologize ahead of time if it sounds weird, I think it's weird to talk about myself HAHA!

I had a few fainting episodes growing up which seemed random, but now in retrospect, I had the same exact feeling and warning signs/symptoms as my most recent syncope episode which led to a series of events leading to a diagnosis. I know now that they were all caused by tachycardia and not dehydration like previously believed.

I had a cardiac cryoablation on November 19th, 2011 at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital, a branch of Stanford Univ. Hospital that considered the AVNRT "cured" (a cessation of declined quality of life). I was 19.

Now I am age 22, going on 23.

I am one of the few 2% that regressed after the ablation, and now have had to resume cardiac care.

I'm here to share my story.

I started a bucket list in 2008 and one of the items needing to be checked off of my list is to create my own blog. So here goes nothing!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Always Another Diagnosis

I haven't blogged in several days, I've been so busy that I'm too tired to even think about a subject to write about.

So today I would just like to update you all. I had my follow up cardio appointment today. I have a new diagnosis of PVC's, mostly in the bigeminy pattern. Which those of you with heart conditions, any ventricular contractions that aren't triggered by a normal rhythm, are not a good thing.

Ill start on meds today, but with the med there's a risk of cardiac arrest, so I will have a baby sitter all week with me LOL

Sooner or later we will have my dog certified to be an aid dog. My boyfriend somewhat joked about having a life alert system placed in the home. But in all seriousness, he'll be getting CPR lesson from me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment